It's More Than a Community. It's a Lifestyle.
The Parke is an active 55+ adult community under the HOPA Law. It is governed by an elected five member Board of Directors supported by various committees. All Board of Directors and Committee Members are volunteer Parke residents, ensuring that the Association is for the "Residents by the Residents."
Your monthly HOA fee for The Parke covers the day-to-day cost of providing the following amenities and services.
Amenities and services may be added or discontinued at the determination of the Board of Directors.
Yard and Home Exterior Maintenance
• Landscaping (mulching, pruning, and leaf removal) • Lawn care service (grass cutting, fertilization, and insect treatment)
• Gutter cleaning
• Snow removal from driveways and walkways You may opt-out of some of these HOA-provided services when you would rather perform the service yourself, or the service is not required. A form to opt out of services can be obtained from The Parke Clubhouse. Opting out of a service does not reduce the homeowner’s monthly HOA fees. The Parke’s HOA fees are separate from Ocean Pines Association fees and assessments.
• Fitness Center
• Heated, 55’ indoor swimming pool
• Billiards Room
• Card Room
• Grand Hall meeting and function room
• Library with a computer center
• Warming Kitchen
• Art/Craft Studio
• General Manager
• Office Staff
• The Parke Bench newsletter is published monthly.
• An Indoor Mail Pavilion
• Local newspapers and The Parke Bench
• Bulletin board with activity announcements.
• Bulletin board with Member or resident items “For Sale”
• Advisory Committees and HOA Bulletin Board for meeting agendas and notices
• The Parke’s Nature Trails Brochure
• Lending List
Community Common Areas
• Central Park with gazebo and benches
• Walking and bike lanes
• Nature preserves and trails
• Twenty-seven ponds environmentally maintained and monitored by professionals
• A 4-acre stocked lake with fishing pier and canoe access. Fishing in Hidden Lake requires a freshwater fishing license, readily available in the local area.
• A community crabbing pier on Manklin Creek. A fishing license is required for Manklin Creek for those 16 years of age or older. A total of two untended crab traps are permitted by Maryland Law (signup is coordinated in Clubhouse). All Members and residents are asked to adhere to the rules posted at the entrance to the crabbing pier, located on Annapolis Court.